20 Apr Holistic approach to web development
When it comes to web presence for a small business we should always look at the entire project, rather than separate elements. The web copy, look & feel, images, videos, features, CMS, SEO, social media – none of these elements can be neglected. It’s a bit like human body – if you plan your diet and exercise it will serve you well for many years, if you try to fix it with pills, it won’t last long…
Your website is your marketing tool and you’ll need to look at it from all angles – this is exactly what we call the holistic approach.
So what is it all about? Holistic approach will cover all of the following:
- Building the entire website as responsive and mobile-friendly. Having a website that operates just as it should on any device is absolutely vital. The latest changes to the Google algorithms make having a solid mobile responsive website even more important than ever.
- The website can be created as a set of static HTML5 pages from a bespoke design preview, or it can use a solid CMS like Concrete5 or WordPress. Whatever the client feels more comfortable with, a holistic web company will take on any particular requirement;
- One of the most complex parts of owning a website is the hosting side – if you want to have a website that you can feel comfortable using and knowing that it’s going to be kept safe and secure at all times, then having the website hosted and managed by the company who built it can be a massive benefit for you in the long-term.
- Creating a strong network that allows to contact your clients and manage email lists is much easier than ever before. Keep people interested in what your business has to offer with precise details and witty emails sent through Mailchimp. It is one of the most powerful emailing systems out there, you can use it to build detailed lists which will give you another sales arm to promote your products and services almost at will.
- Make your website sound as exciting as possible by having it filled with professional, SEO-friendly content. This will provide your clients with important information, help them to make a decision on what to buy, and can make them come back for more to see what other pearls of wisdom you might be able to offer them in the future!
- This ties in perfectly with the social media presence; a holistic approach will make sure that your social reputation is soaring, too. This is vital today as people look to Facebook and Twitter for advice and inspiration before they go to anywhere else these days
- Long-term promotion of your business is possible with a holistic approach – you will always be getting noticed across the web through techniques like social networking, PPC advertising and search engine optimization (SEO), giving you all the help that you need to really launch your business on the Internet.